I also like to post recipes for things I will no longer eat. I derive the sensory satisfaction from the list of ingredients (if I read them fast, it’s as though they are mixed into cake batter; try it), and I also feel a bit of glee that you might make this, and I will be losing weight while you are the ones gaining the pounds.
3 sticks of butter
3 cups of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of whole milk
3 teaspoons of extract (I use 2 lemon, 1 vanilla)
3 cups of flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325°.
2. Grease and flour a tube pan—fancy are harder to unmold and clean.
3. Cream the butter. Add the sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, while the mixer is running.
5. Add flavoring to the milk and add to batter alternately with flour.
6. Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared pan
7. Bake for 1.5 hours or until tester is clean.
Turn out the cake, and let it cool. Pour glaze on top.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 stick of melted butter
2 T extract or juice (I use lemon juice)
2 T milk
Mix well. Pour on the Pounds Cake (and pour on the pounds).
Eat. Completely. Keep thinking that the lemon glaze tastes like a Lemon Cooler cookie. Relive the nostalgia over and over again. Gain some weight. Wear my giant hand-me-downs.